Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sister18/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-subscribe-sm/admin/classes/admin.php on line 567
SCESA engages in advocacy at the national level to ensure that systems change and policy initiatives aimed at addressing or having an impact on violence against women (and specifically sexual assault) are:
- Informed by the voices and experiences of Women of Color;
- Responsive to and reflect the unique needs, critical issues and strengths of Communities of Color; and
- Involve direction and critical input by Advocates of Color and Organizations by and for Communities of Color.
SCESA also participates with other national organizations in collaborative efforts that focus on social change initiatives that address violence against women as well as other forms of oppression.
Overall, our efforts are aimed at a long-term strategy to protect, ensure and expand public policy issues that impact on Women and Girls of Color.
- Leading the efforts with Women of Color and Communities of Color organizations across the country to craft and ensure the inclusion of culturally specific language in the Violence Against Women Act
- Which included the creation of funding streams for Communities of Color; working with Territorial programs and coalitions to craft
- Working with Territorial programs and coalitions to craft and ensure the inclusion of language for equal funding for the U.S. Territories throughout formula programs in the Violence Against Women Act.